Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful on Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for.

This day is the day to remember that fact. And to eat a truck load of carbs. Gotta love it!

I Cassie Anna Clubb am thankful for:

*My parents: who still dance in the kitchen and have date night on Fridays

*My sisters: who complete me

*My brothers: who support and protect me

*My nieces and nephew: who give me the chance to spoil and adore them.
(seriously though I dare you not to melt as you walk into a room and two darling toddlers look up, point, and say, "Cass Cass". It is impossible. Gets me every time)

*Friends: I have the best ones. The kind that help me keep my standards high, make me laugh, and love me even though I am a quack. 


*The gospel of Jesus Christ: I love my Savior and I am so humbled to be able to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

*The United States: I am free, someone else fought for me to be. I love our country and those who keep it safe. 

*Exercise: "You are entirely up to you. Make your body. Make your life. Make yourself." Stole that quote from Nike, what a double, threat they make sexy shoes and give you sound advice. . .woot woot. Watch out Oprah, Nike is hot on your trail.

*Talents: Some people have a lot and some people only have a few. I like mine.

*Education: Learning is nice, when Professors aren't sweating, spitting, or glaring in my general direction that is. 

*My Cat: Yeah he drives my mom nuts, and he won't catch a mouse to save his chubby butt, plus he wakes me up at completely heinous hours of the morning, but he is loyal and he is always happy to see me. I like him.

*Pretty Things: I like to look nice, pretty things help accomplish that. Pretty things include: hair bows flowers ribbons, make-up, jewelry, accessories, and things that sparkle. Duh. 

*Love: Yeah so I don't actually have this yet (the love of your life kind) oh but one day I will and it will be awesome. Yep true story. 

*Food: nom nom nomm

We are all very blessed. But we are all human and tend to be fussy jerks most of the time. When you are focused on the negative it is the only thing you can see. It is no way to live. So you don't have it all? Life's not fair? People suck? Work is hard? Get a grip people! You weren't meant to have it all, I bet you have enough though. Life will never be fair, do you think complaining about it will change anything? People will always let you down, love them anyway. There are those who wish they had a way to provide for their families, remember that the next time your job drives you nuts. 

All I am sayin' is take a healthy dose of perspective and start loving your life. It is going to happen whether you enjoy it or not. So live, and live thankfully.

And eat pie. 

Thankful Cassie Over and Out


No comments:

Post a Comment